Thursday, November 03, 2005

Meuret Leaving KETV

It's November and turnover is in the air. First, Doug Walker decides to leave WOWT to go help OPS Superintendent John Mackiel play TV. Now comes word that KETV reporter Trisha Meuret plans to leave KETV in a week or so to work for Pete Ricketts' Senate campaign.

Such departures always create a situation that we love here at OMA News: the opportunity for a station to introduce a fresh face into the mix. It also provides us with insight into the thinking of the folks doing the hiring. Specifically, it shows how competent they are at judging talent, how much they're willing to spend, or in some cases, how little they think they can get by with spending.

6 comments:

Matt_X said...

Word on the street is that Kumar may also be out, but something tells me they can live without him. Maybe there's another beauty queen out there in need of a job.

Ted Brockman said...

Kumar. Ha!

BadGod said...

I got it!

You are Travis's old news director. You know, the one he got in a fist fight with back before his KPTM days!


I knew it!

ok, I'll let the whole "who is Ted" thing go.

DiggerDog said...

Meuret leaving is not a bad thing.

DarthSchrader said...

I'll miss her. She's the one with the lazy eye, right? My grandfather was watching her one evening, and told me that me thought she could sit on the front porch and count the chickens in the backyard.

gerrishnut said...

Meuret is leaving? All that hard work that beauty pagent winner/ traffic "reporter" will finally pay off.

You are visitor number