Thursday, April 21, 2005

"People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Alert reader Bandit75 sent us the following email this morning regarding a Channel 6 "Live at Daybreak" moment we're sorry to have missed:

"Something I witnessed this morning needs to be addressed . . . . While getting my daily Malorie [Maddox]-fix, they cut to Scott "No Bantering Skills" Akin for our morning forecast. I think he used fifteen different colors on the screen to illustrate how awful our storms were and might be for the rest of the day. For the first time I heard "purple front" on the news. There were so many colors I almost had a seizure.

"In order to save myself from the impending color-induced body quake, I switched to 7. Big mistake. I forgot about the Omarosa factor and immediately began to twitch. Either I need to switch to decaf or stop watching the news and get my information and forecasts from the 'net.

"I did switch back to 6 in time to catch a 'take your tractor to school' story in which Malorie commented on her dad not letting her take his tractor to school. Scott then added that as a city kid he had never seen that but understood that many kids in rural areas still ride their tractors to school."

So, to summarize: Not only is Brick Tamland alive and well, he is apparently disguised as Scott Akin.

3 comments:

janetdoe said...

Your daily fix must satisfy a need for fast sing-songy reading with no natural pauses and the inability to pronounce the letter "x". "Executive" becomes "ezecutive"
"Exactly" becomes "Ezactly" every time!
I'm also troubled by her seemingly forced and innapropriate hand movements ("look how I use my hands when I talk!") and the endless warnings to "watch out for THAT!" each time Madox mentions a construction project that affects traffic. Aaaaahhh! Why'd they move Cortney Gerish of the morning show?? She had a brain and the two anchors thing on the weekend is pointless anyway.

Ted Brockman said...

If you're annoyed by anchors talking with their hands, it's not Mal you should be exasperated by (we don't see the hand thing, by the way), it's John "Happy Hands" Knicely. I don't think he can belch without gesturing.

omatvwatcher said...

Janetdoe seems to harbor a little hostility towards Ms. Maddox...

You are visitor number